Latest Posts

Catching Fire {Movie Review}

By 8:41 pm



This is just a quick review on Catching Fire I watched ages ago.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say the anticipation for this movie was really high! As soon as I knew this movie was out in the cinemas, I bolted to my phone and invited my friends to see it the very first weekend. We were so excited especially since the trailers were AMAZING! I would have to say the best trailer I have ever seen. 

When we got into the cinema it was packed and I could just tell from the vibe that these were all mostly fans who had read the books. As soon as the movie started playing there was absolute silence as everyone had their full attention on the screen, I saw not one phone screen. 

The Hunger Games movies are so accurate to the book and probably one of the best book to movie adaptations ever. They had absolutely every detail except for one scene was missing one key point which I don't think should have been left out. The one thing I appreciate of these movies is the excellent quality they do them in. I actually noticed the improvement because a lot of people were complaining about shaky cameras (although I didn't notice) in the first one. They capture everything how I imagined it in the book and I think they do the Capitol really well. The crazy outfits and my favourite one that Effie wore was the butterfly outfit. I love how she even had some on her eyelashes. 

But as amazing this movie was for some reason I got bored. The movie went for a good 3 hours and I just lost interest. It felt like they didn't spend enough time in the arena and too much time out of it. It was so good but I think because it was so accurate to the book I knew what was going to happen so I got bored. Am I the only one who thinks this?

5 comments

  1. Great review, Francoise. To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the movie, the books was SO much better. I fee like everything was a but rushed, where as in the book everything was so developed. But I guess that's the way it goes with films. Although, I did enjoy it more than the first movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that you got bored Francoise! I did think it was a long movie, that was totally tension built. I loved it though, it totally blew me away. Thanks for your honest thoughts!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've yet to see Catching Fire fully but I am glad that there's no shaky camera in it (as reported back to me by friends who have seen it). It really, really bugged me in the first one for some reason! I get what you mean about feeling a bit bored in it, I started feeling a little underwhelmed watching the first movie - probably 'cause there was just SO much hype and you set your standards well, well above high!

    Great review - glad you enjoyed it! Hoping to go see it soon! :'D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I'm glad you liked it! I freakin love love love the movie (but I love the book more) because it was soooo accurate like you said, and the actors did a very fine job! Yeah I wish the scenes in the arena were much longer because that's like the main thing in the book. I wish they made the tour a bit shorter so they could make the arena scenes longer. I feel like it was rushed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SAW THIS TODAY AND IT WAS FLIPPIN EXCEPTIONAL! I thought it was so much better than the first movie which to be honest I didn't like all that much. Like you said it was well adapted from the book and it just goes to show that when the director focuses on following the book, the product can be amazing! I'd go as far as to say it's my new favourite movie. I also adored the butterfly costume it was definitely her best one. The acting was also incredible!

    ReplyDelete