Latest Posts

{Mini Review} Of Neptune by Anna Banks

By 8:24 pm

Author: Anna Banks
Series: The Syrena Legacy #3
Release Date:  May 13th 2014
Publishers: Hardie Grant Egmont 
Pages: 336
Genre: Mermaids
Links: Goodreads | Author's Website  | Buy the book

Emma and Galen’s kingdom and their love is threatened by long-lost Syrena in the brilliant conclusion to Anna Banks bestselling trilogy.

Emma, half human and half Syrena, and her Syrena love, Galen, need time together alone. Away from the kingdoms of Poseidon and Triton. Emma’s grandfather, the Poseidon king, suggests the two visit a small town called Neptune.

Neptune is home to both Syrena and Half-Breeds alike. But Emma and Galen didn’t sign up to be peacemakers between the ocean and the land-dwelling, freshwater Syrena. They didn’t bargain for meeting a charming Half-Breed named Reed, who can barely disguise his feelings for Emma. And they especially didn’t expect to find themselves in the middle of a power struggle that threatens not only their love but their ocean kingdoms.

In this stunning conclusion to her bestselling Syrena Legacy, Anna Banks thrills fans with more action and romance than ever.

*I'd like to thank Hardie Grant Egmont for sending me this for review, it does not influence my opinion.*

Review
This is another bitter-sweet ending to yet another trilogy and it's quite depressing that all my favourite books are ending. I'm so happy with how Of Neptune turned out and basically the whole series. They're so easy to read and you can't help but fall in love with the characters and the humour.

Emma is a good protagonist who has a funny inner-monologue that is constantly running. She has a good teen voice which is easy to relate too and a likable personality. I don't know whether it's because I had to wait a long time for this novel to come out but I ended up really missing the characters. Galen was his usual sweet and protective character. I think his character really shone through especially in this book as he was put to the test.

The thing I like about this series is that it's about mermaids. I don't often read about them so it's such a breath of fresh air. (Our should I say water?) It's also cool to see Anna Banks's take on mermaids and that's why I love books so much. You're never wrong and it's interesting seeing other peoples imagination translate into writing.

Of Neptune was a cute and fluffy read. I think I would have liked to read all three books in a row since they're so easy to read and the story flows a little better. There is nothing overly amazing but there was nothing that I didn't like about it. The ending was cute and it felt like it was a great way to wrap up the story nicely. I think these novels will be a re-read in the future when I feel like revisiting the Syrena world!


2 comments

  1. I didn't actually like the first book very much because it was very much centered on the romance and Emma wasn't the brightest character ever, but I'm glad you enjoyed it! I agree the reading style was very easy to read. Thanks for the review Francoise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never read this series, but it is good to see a series ending on a positive note rather than being disappointing :) It does feel like a lot of popular series are ending this year!

    Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

    ReplyDelete