Latest Posts

Dark Kiss

By 5:38 pm

Michelle Rowen 


- Goodreads Summary -

I don't do dangerous.

Smart, über-careful, ordinary Samantha-that's me. But I just couldn't pass up a surprise kiss from my number-one unattainable crush. A kiss that did something to me...something strange. Now I feel hungry all the time, but not for food. It's like part of me is missing-and I don't know if I can get it back.

Then there's Bishop. At first I thought he was just a street kid, but the secrets he's keeping are as intense as his unearthly blue eyes. If he's what I think he is, he may be the only one who can help me. But something terrifying is closing in, and the one chance Bishop and I have to stop it means losing everything I ever wanted and embracing the darkness inside me....

NIGHTWATCHERS

When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising...
.

Review - No Spoilers 

I only just finished reading this book on the bus and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. But I guess I say that about most books so this review is obviously to elaborate further into why I like it. This was a brilliant read because I have been on such a bad reading slump for this month due to all the work from school but I'm goad to say it's holidays at the end of this week so I am very excited. 

The cover of this book is I must say very...*cough* eye catching. I'll admit it was the first thing that caught my attention but I felt extremely self-conscious when reading it because no guy would understand...For me the blurb didn't really do the book justice because when everyone read it they thought it would be bad. But I proved them all wrong! I never really say this much but I think the font is really elegant. It's a beautiful choice so I give whoever created the cover a round of applause. 

Now to get on with the story, I liked the main character Samantha a lot. I enjoyed reading from her perspective as I found her really funny. Some of the lines in this book were very smart and I give Michelle Rowen thumbs up. You always want good humour in the book to keep you interested. The main character was realistic and easy to imagine which is always good and I liked the other character a lot. If you ever read it, Kraven is my favourite because he is so funny. 

Another factor I liked about this novel was that it was Angel's and Demon's. I've just gotten into that whole craze from Sweet Evil and I am really liking it. I have sort of moved on from Vampires and Werewolf's so I think that's why I like this new genre. 

A few things I didn't like about Dark Kiss was that it was kind of insta-lovey which was kind of annoying. It also has a bit of non-existent parents but that would be my only issues with this book.  

Overall I loved this book. It took me a little longer than it should have due to a busy week and  reading slump. Again I don't understand why it received so many bad reviews and I definitely recommend it to anyone who loves Angel's and Demons and I suggest it to anyone who has never read that genre before.

I GIVE IT: 




2 comments

  1. Awesome Review, It sounds good. Insta love... eek. I love ur new signature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought I would test out the new font. It's pretty cool.

      Delete